Having healthy nails is one of the indications of a healthy body.
Tips For Nails Cuticles Care And Healthy Nails Cuticles
- Frequent nail polishing can result to yellow nails. One of the ways on how to get healthy nail cuticles is to allow your cuticles to rest and be free from the chemicals present from nail polish and other nail maintenance products.
- Rub your nails with citrus fruits such as lemon or lime to refresh your cuticles.
- Acetone can strip the natural glow of the nails which leads for the nails to be brittle. To prevent this, use acetone-free nail polish.
- Clipping your nails the right way can also contribute to your nail cuticle’s health. When trimming your nails, shape the edges into a mixture of square or oval.
- Cut down on your alcohol consumption.
- Large amount of coffee intake can also dry up your skin including your nails.
- Avoid eating foods that are high in sugar such as ice cream, dessert and pastries.
- Foods that are high in saturated fats must also be avoided if you want to have healthy nail cuticles.
- Drink plenty of fluids to moisturize your skin including your nail cuticles. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Increase your intake of foods that are rich in vitamins A, B, C, D, E as well as minerals like calcium and zinc.
- Shea butter cream can also smoothen out the nail surface and also repairs cracked cuticles.
- Moisturize your cuticles with vitamin E oil, jojoba oil and almond oil.
- Wear gloves at bedtime to protect your cuticles.
Also see Health Care Tips for Summer Season