What is the best home remedy that can be used for the pain during pregnancy with piles?
Piles are swollen veins in the anal canal. There can be internal piles and external piles. External piles can be felt as small, soft lumps just inside and around the anal region.
Piles During Pregnancy Symptoms
Piles during pregnancy are very common and at least 1 in ten women suffer from piles problem during pregnancy.
Causes of Piles In Pregnancy
There is increased level of progesterone hormone during pregnancy, this hormones relax the walls of the blood vessels to facilitate more circulation of blood. When the uterus increases in size, it compresses the swollen vessels below it, this can cause piles and varicose veins in the legs.
Home Remedies for Piles During Pregnancy
How can the pain be controlled during pregnancy?
- Pain will be felt more when the stools are hard and if the patient is constipated, so best way is to avoid constipation. Green leafy vegetables, rich fiber foods, fruits should be incorporated in regular diet.
- Avoid spicy food.
- If you still have constipation after trying above method, you can ask your medical attendant to prescribe a laxative.
- Drink more amount of water. Short walk is also a good exercise which you should do regularly.
- Apply coconut oil during and after passing motions, this will help in relieving pain.
- Take warm baths to relieve pain and itching.
- Do not wipe with dry tissue paper, rather use water to clean the anal region and than dry it with a tissue paper.
- Figs are said to be useful in treating piles, take 2 to three figs in a day to get the desired result.
- There are creams and suppositories available in market which are also useful, you can ask for a suitable cream from your doctor.