Question: I am suffering with red color rashes since 25 days it appears on stomach, back and on hands, sometimes it disappear within few minutes and then occurs at other places on stomach and hands, it usually occurs at night. I consulted 2 to3 physicians and they gave me anti allergic tablets, they do not itch much, but there is no satisfactory result.
Causes of Red Rashes All Over Body
Answer: Body rash is most common type of allergy which we come across.
It can occur in any person and at any age. Rash is a type of inflammation or eruption which occurs on the surface of the skin.
- The symptoms are red color eruption on the skin, itch may be associated symptom, but in some cases itch may be absent. Burning is another symptom present. The texture of the skin changes after the rash. Body rash can affect the whole body or in some parts of the body.
- They are not contagious.
- It is a self limiting disease and in some chronic cases it may require medicines.
- The causes can be due to allergy to certain foods, lotions and cosmetic creams or allergies due to plants, animals, insects and chemicals.
Home Remedies for Red Rashes
- Drink yogurt or apply yogurt over the rash to bring healing process in a natural way
- Apply a cloth soaked of calcium gluconate and water on the rash.
- You can apply a cloth soaked in comphrey tea on the affected rash
- You can apply a lotion made from crushing vitamin C tablet in water and applying the mixture over the rash.
- Mix a cup of uncooked oatmeal in bath water and bathe in the water. Body rash gets decreased naturally with this treatment. Oatmeal relieves the inflammation.
- Apply a paste of turmeric powder and yogurt over the red rash, turmeric has many healing properties
- Aloe vera gel can be applied on the rash, even fresh aloe vera extract can be applied directly from the leaves of the plant on the rash
Investigation necessary are: complete blood count, routine stool examination and routine urine examination.