When you find that you have a high platelet count, this may mean a number of things. This may mean that you are suffering from dangerous and excessive blood clotting. The reasons why a person may have a high platelet count and may need to reduce platelet ount by 150,000 and 450,000 for every microliter of blood could be any of the following discussed below.
Causes Of Elevated Platelet Count
When you have thrombocytosis, you will need to know what kind you have to effectively find a way to decrease your platelet count. There are two kinds of thrombocytosis:
- Reactive thrombocytosis – the increase in platelet count is due to your body’s reaction to infection or the other illnesses that are listed above.
- Essential thrombocytosis – this is brought about by hormonal imbalances or even by genetic conditions.
- Other reasons include inflammatory diseases, cancer, anemia, and different kinds of infections
Treatments for Reducing Platelet Count
Depending on the kind of thrombocytosis a person is suffering from, treatment can include any of the following:
- If a person has reactive thrombocytosis, one of the treatments often involves the treating of the root cause of this problem.
- Patient will be given medication and made to follow a specific diet for normal platelet count to occur.
- Daily doses of low-dosage aspirin are often recommended by doctors to help prevent blood clotting.
- For both cases, a change in diet and specific exercise routines are suggested to help lower platelet count and suppress the excessive production of platelets by the cells in your bone marrow.
- Letting Blood is another way of reducing elevated platelet count.