Question: How does a person become prey of sinusitis, what are the symptoms and natural remedies for sinusitis?
Answer: Sinusitis is inflammation of the mucous membrane of the paranasal sinuses and maxillary sinuses. It usually develops after an attack of common cold, viral fever and diseases of upper respiratory tract. Thus sinusitis results from the inflammation of the sinus passages and secretion of mucus by the membranes lining the nose and throat.
Symptoms Of Sinusitis
- Constant sneezing
- Blocked nose due to the accumulation of mucus in the nosetrils
- Frontal headache
- Tenderness around the orbits of the eyes and maxilla
- Difficulty in breathing due to blocked nose
- Mild fever
- Associated pharyngitis
- Lack of appetite
Home Remedies for Sinusitis
- Garlic and onions, this are the most commonly used home remedies and easily available in every kitchen.
- One should add this ingredients in regular meals
- A teaspoon of cumin seeds tied in a cloth can provide relief when it is inhaled
- Steam inhalation: add two to three drops of eucalyptus oil in boiled water. Inhale the steam. It helps to liquefy the mucus and facilitates in drainage of the mucus from the sinuses
- Pour few drops of eucalyptus oil on the handkerchief and sniff it very often
- Eat plenty of foods and fruits containing Vitamin A and Vitamin C as these vitamins help in developing strong immune system and protect the body from external influence
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol
- Drink warm tea made from herbs such as fenugreek, fennel, sage this helps to drain the mucus by liquefying it
So if you dont want to become prey to sinus problem, eat right and well balanced diet, improve your body resistance power or the immunity, avoid fried food, cakes and candies and starch foods, take proper sleep, adequate rest and fresh air to cure sinusitis.