Question: Is there any treatment for swelling under eyes? I have this problem since 1 year. My age is 27 years.
Answer: Swelling under the eyes is a common problem faced by many.
The causes of puffy eyes are: heredity, water retention, disturbed and less sleep, thyroid hormone imbalance, allergic reaction, although many a times the cause is difficult to be found.
Preventing Swelling Under Eyes
- Decrease intake of salt
- Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins
- Decrease tea and coffee intake
- Have a healthy and well balanced diet
- Sleep for 8 hours in a day
Treatment for Swelling Under Eyes
It is important to find out the underlying cause for swelling under the eyes.
- Cucumbers are useful to reduce puffiness under the eyes. Keep sliced cucumber on closed eye for 10 minutes daily, it helps to reduce swelling under the eyes.
- Chamomile tea bags work well to reduce swelling under the eyes
- Puffiness can be due to alcohol consumption if it is so, avoid drinking alcohol
- Try to apply eye cream containing aloe and vitamin E.
- For swelling due to allergy, find out the food source producing the swelling, and minimize its use.
Thyroid hormone tests, serum creatinine, urine routine and complete blood count are the initial blood and urine investigation required to rule out diseases.