The thyroid gland is one of the least known and least understood part of the body. This is a pity because the thyroid has a huge impact to one’s health and any problem with it can manifest in various means such as other medical conditions. This is why learning about this condition is very important in order to make sure that people will be protected from it through proper education.
Speaking of thyroid Disease, the disease can be either hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism.
Symptoms of Thyroid Disease in Men and Women
- One of the most common symptoms of thyroid that one can experience is having a sudden weight gain. While weight gain is common even when people are perfectly healthy, weight gain that is associated with thyroid is associated with other signs.
- In the case of women, symptoms are also manifested during menstrual periods. A woman with thyroid disease experiences irregularity in periods as well as an increase in menstrual flow. When a woman who is pregnant exhibits symptoms, miscarriage can also result. In many women, infertility is also the effect.
- Frequently, those with thyroid disease symptoms experiences cold feeling particularly in the extremities. This state is usually coupled with shivering especially during the early mornings.
- Depression is also one of the common in thyroid. When a person is depressed, it is usually a sign of hypothyroidism or an underactive thyroid. Along with depression, difficulty in concentration as well as foggy thinking is also a sign of thyroid problems.
- Another case of this diseases is a person losing appetite. Again, just like in the case of weight loss, there can be a lot of factors that can cause a person to lose appetite. However, if the appetite loss is coupled to weight loss and, then it is possible that one has some form of thyroid problem.
Understanding the various signs is a very vital sign toward avoidance of greater problems concerning one’s health. This is why when such symptoms are detected, one must waste no time in seeking medical attention in order to put the problem to an end right away.