Question: I am suffering from jaundice now it was reduced but my color of eyes was not reduced can you give me any suggestions to reduce my yellow color eyes?
Treat Jaundice Naturally
Answer: Management of jaundice requires dietary and life style modifications. Jaundice is normally a self limiting condition, which improves over a period of two weeks if the correct dietary measures are followed. Here are a few simple tips,
- Avoid oily and starchy foods.
- Reduce the intake of fat, butter, cheese, meat, etc
- Ensure that your diet comprises of boiled vegetables, fresh fruits, etc. Avoid highly saturated foods like dry fruits, aerated drinks, junk food, etc.
- Consume fresh fruit juice or vegetable soups at least three times during the day. These will provide the body with the necessary energy, whilst reducing the burden on the liver.
- Absolute bed rest is advocated for at least two weeks, till the symptoms of jaundice disappear.
- Avoid eating out side food for at least three months after you recover from the condition. Ensure that the diet is as per the recommendation for about three months after the symptoms disappear
- Use Ayurvedic product, LIV 52, which has been found to be highly effective in providing nutritional support during jaundice. This product includes a host of Ayurvedic herbs that have beneficial effect on the liver.
- Finally, get yourself evaluated for blood bilirubin levels after about two weeks.
- If the condition improves you can start your routine work, however dietary measures need to continue for a few months, to ensure complete recovery.