Question: I have uric acid level 6.02.is there any problem for me? I have cholesterol of 208 and I am 32 years old.
Answer: Do you have any symptoms of gout? Like joint pains, acute pain in great toe, tender toe and redness associated with it.
- Do you drink alcohol or beer regularly and in large quantity? As they are triggering factor for gout.
- As such your uric acid level is normal and if there is no symptom of gout there is no need of concern at present.
- Certainly your cholesterol is on a higher side.
- Next time when you do test for cholesterol, do full lipid profile test where we will come to know the value of HDL, LDL, VLDL and triglyceride.
- What is your weight?
- If you are obese, you will have to shed some pounds. This is beneficial in both, to reduce cholesterol and if a person suffering from gout.
How to Decrease Uric Acid Levels
Do’s and don’ts to reduce cholesterol:
- Eat right with adequate fruits and vegetables in the diet
- Eat low fat dairy products and fried food
- Restrict alcohol
- Stop smoking
- Brisk walk for 30 to 45 minutes a day helps to reduce cholesterol and raise general fitness level
- Lastly use relaxation therapies to break from stress.