Solution For Vomiting
Vomiting is a natural reflex, one of the most common that occurs in response to a certain condition in the body. This especially involves the gastrointestinal tract but could also occur in non-digestion related problems such as in migraine and high blood pressure.
Vomiting is the act of expulsion of the contents of the stomach with the contraction of the stomach muscles. Of course, if just occasional, vomiting is not life-threatening and is not a serious condition. However, it can be very uncomfortable as well as embarrassing.
The main reason why vomiting becomes a serious condition is when the patient is in danger of dehydration from constant vomiting.
What To Do For Vomiting?
Try the following home remedies to treat or alleviate the symptoms of vomiting:
- A few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and salt taken in between episodes will reduce vomiting.
- Lime-water and cinnamon-water will help to calm the stomach muscles.
- A mixture of ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and all-spice is wonderful for severe vomiting spells.
- Any mint tea will usually offer relief; they will also refresh the stomach lining.
- Chamomile and mint tea mixed with a dash of pure cane sugar will surely help cure the spells.
- Cold chamomile tea can also relieve nausea, especially in pregnancy-related cases of vomiting.
- Ginger, when taken in any form, can quickly relieve vomiting. Still, most people prefer to take ginger as brewed tea added with lemon. Ginger sticks, ginger cookies, and even fresh ginger can also be used.
- Soda crackers or saltine crackers can also relieve the need to vomit. These will also replace the food expelled from the stomach.
- Suck peppermint candy or run some peppermint oil. This will help relieve the symptoms.
- Add salt to a piece of lemon and take a bite.
- Drink lime juice.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey into a glass of water. Stir well. Drink.
- Mix together 1 tsp mint juice, 1 tsp lime juice, 1/2 tsp ginger juice, and 1 tsp honey. Drink the mixture.
- Consume ½ tsp of ground cumin seeds.
- Vomiting can also be reduced by rice water. This is created by boiling ½ cup of rice in 1 ½ cup of water. Once the rice turns soft, take it out and drink the remaining liquid.
- Mix the powder of two roasted cardamoms with 1 tbsp of honey. Eat it.