Battling With Weight Loss
Trying to lose weight seems like an easy battle but is, in truth, difficult especially if the person does not practice self-discipline. Still, whether it is difficult or easy, it can be done.
Solution To Lose Weight
First, measure current weight and calculate BMI. Set a target weight that will fall in the “normal” category for the BMI. Then, make a plan and goal as to when that specific weight will be attained but be realistic. Very few people would lose more than 5 pounds each week of regular exercise. Consult a nutritionist, if necessary. Watch your diet and stick to the plan.
Diet And Foods For Losing Weight
The following tips are also very useful in trying to lose weight:
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. This moisturizes skin and releases stored fat. This will also help maintain healthy sugar levels and lower blood pressure.
- Do count the calories. Sweets and desserts may just be small servings but they often have the highest calorific values.
- It is best to include fiber-rich foods in the diet and avoid carbohydrates and sugars that are easy to digest.
- No eating before bed time as the body slows down in sleep.
- Eat the last meal no later than 6 pm, if possible. This will give the body enough time to digest the food and even spend some of the energy from the food in other activities.
- Do not go hungry or skip meals as this will only slow down the metabolic rate. Doing this will do more harm than good as a slower metabolism ensures fat and energy retention. The best thing to do is to eat 5 small meals rather than 3 big meals in a day.
- When eating out, choose sensible alternatives.
- Prepare a list before food shopping and stick to it.
- Keep active and positive.
- Eat a strong breakfast. It will start the metabolic processes well and early.
Exercises For Reducing Weight
- Make exercising a habit and set specific times of the day to do the exercise. This way, it would be easier to fall into a routine and not skip a day of exercise.
- As much as possible, exercise early in the morning. This will not just burn calories but will also jump start the body’s metabolic rate, setting the tone for the rest of the day.
- If time is a problem, try getting 10 minutes of exercise in the morning, 10 minutes before lunch, and the remaining time in the afternoon or evening. This will ensure that the body is always busy and is still losing calories throughout the day.