Acne and Pimple Home Remedies
When faced with the problem of acne, most people would go to a dermatologist or a doctor to ask for medication for their breakouts. This may be fine and okay if the breakouts prove to be rather severe and debilitating. There are a few solutions you can try on your own however and here are some of them:
- Some people use the ever versatile and useful aloe vera plant to help them with their acne problems. They simply get a leaf from the aloe plant, split this open, and put the gooey liquid from within on their breakouts.
- Just take your everyday, ordinary oatmeal and make a paste or mask out of it. Spread on your face or on your acne and allow to dry. Wash off.
- Lemon juice mixed with some rose water can also be used on your acne. Simply apply this mixture on your acne and let this liquid absorb into your skin for half an hour. Wash off and do daily for the next two weeks.
- Garlic has always been hailed for its therapeutic properties and these properties can be put to work on your acne. Simply get a clove of garlic, cut in half or mash and apply the raw garlic on your acne.
- Toothpaste has always been used to help reduce acne and to this day, it still proves effective. Simply put a small dot of your toothpaste over your acne or pimple and let sit overnight. The swelling and redness should be minimal come morning. Wash off and repeat this process the next night until the acne dissipates altogether.
Natural Acne Cure:
Best treatment for acne is intake of green tea as it helps to decrease hormonal activity and kills acne causing bacteria. Antioxidants present in green tea battles with radicals causing skin tissue and cell damage.
Also see Tetracycline for Acne Treatment
Get Rid of Acne:
Natural products for acne cure should contain tea tree oil, aloe vera, zinc and vitamin A:
- Tea tree oil has bacteria fighting substance, which stops acne growth.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Best way to treat acne is the application of aloe gel as it has anti-inflammatory property.
- Zinc: It helps in building strong immune system which is must for acne free skin.
More Acne Home Treatment You can try
The bane of youth everywhere, acne is the result of accelerated oil secretions, compounded by microbial infection. While acne is hereditary to some degree, stress is also a contributor. In addition, many women often suffer symptoms during their menstrual periods. The truth is acne doesn’t discriminate by age and gender. I’ve spent a few business meeting worrying that my clients would be too distracted by the prominent pimple on my nose to view my presentation.
So how do you fight it?
- Increase vitamin C intake preferably by eating raw fruits and vegitables
- Decrease sugar intake
- Decrease fat consumption
- Avoid greasy hair gels
Apply any of the following:
- A 5% solution of tea tree oil
- A fresh garlic clove to the pimples
- A bruised cabbage leaf to the area
- Try a pinch of alum and 1/4 cup of witch hazel; apply as a paste and allow to dry.
Acne is the clinical name given to the process that occurs when the oil gland in your skin get clogged up; these oil gland are necessary to keep your skin smooth and protect from dirk bacteria and dryness.
Unfortunately the glands sometimes work overtime when this happens the glands produce more oil than the oil ducts can handle, Excess oil collects under the skin and hence a pimple. Eventually the oil mixes with dead cells forming a hard lug. The lug stays under the surface of the sin its known a s a white head. If it enlarges and pushes out it’s known as a black head. Ythe color is caused by melenin which is responsible for skin color. Most girls star noticing pimple at 11 boys 13. Occaqsional pimples are normal Inflamatory acne is a severe form of acne that isconstant outbreaks. Pimples formed here are filled with puss and the small cist can form scarring. This acne is hereditary.
Triggers can be anxiety, oily makeup and even certain drugs. Chocolate is said to cause acne, but it’s never been scientifically proven. If you notice certain food bringing on acne stop eating. A week before menstrual cycle is a time for pimple for many women. To get rid of pimples wash your face with soap and winter several times day avoid perfume and harsh detergent soaps. Deodorant soaps actually strip your face of oils, which prevent the pimple. Hard rubbing might just spread the problem. Use little makeup, water based makeup. Don’t pick pimples. Avoid food which trigger out breaks like chocolate and caffeine. Drink lots of water to flush out your system.
Sunshine is thought by many to reduce pimples, but do not forget the harmful affects of the UV rays. The damage could be worse. Heat can increase amount of oil. Switch to birth control pills that don’t cause acne. Avoid stress.
Zinc is god for acne.
Brewers yeast Vitamin A, D, and C
Viable (living) acidophilus (bacteria naturally found in the human intestines) is commercially available IN HEALTH FOOD AND DRUG STORES where the product is sold in capsule, liquid or tablet form. Some folks report great success after taking.
Topical use of vitamin e. create hole in capsule and spread on affected region 30 minutes late a coat of egg white. Rinse with cold water after about after thirty minutes
Equal parts fresh heavy cream and fresh cod liver oil. Steam face for five minutes over hot water. Apply mixture and leave on for fitted minutes and wash off. Skin should clear within days.
Some think that Fish and iodine therein may trigger acne. Though most pimples should not be squeezed, those with yellow heads can be gently squeezed to removes puss and aid healing. Black head may also be aided by squeezing and removing. A black head is very blocked poor.
Don’t scrub. Friction can stir up new blemishes. Gently clean face with hands, not a wash clothe.
Benzyl peroxide found in products sold over the counter is the first line of treatment.
Calamine lotion absorbs excess skin oil and can prevent the pimple.
Placing an ice cube for sixty second after washing can reduce inflammation thus making a pimple less noticeable.
Suspected acne-causing foods include chocolate, fish, cheese, caffeine, nuts, high fat foods.