Acne could develop anywhere on your body – face, chest, back or the stomach. Acne tends to occur when the sebaceous glands synthesize and release too much of sebum. Sebum, along with dead cells, skin debris, and bacteria block the skin pores and trigger inflammation. Occasionally, seen, acne on the belly can be very uncomfortable due to friction with clothes.
Acne is a fairly common condition which affects a large number of the population in the age group of 12 to 30 years. However, a few dietary modifications, lifestyle changes, stress management and good skin care can help to treat acne successfully.
What Causes Acne On Stomach?
Bacteria which trigger acne are present on your body; when the condition is conducive for them, they proliferate and cause swelling and inflammation. Thus if your hygiene levels are low, you perspire a lot, wear tight panties and / or jeans, breakouts and flare ups can occur.
Tight clothing and more so, synthetic materials do not let your skin breathe, pores get blocked and acne is set off. The condition is aggravated by stress and poor eating patterns.
Natural Home Remedies For Acne On Stomach
You need to adhere to a good skin care routine. Wash the affected area twice a day with soap and water. Use a fragrance free soap. Do not apply moisturizer and powder. Use skin care products that have a water base.
- Tea tree essential oil: Tea tree essential oil is one of the most important home remedies to manage acne. It helps clear up the most stubborn cases of acne in a matter of days. The essential oil is a very potent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal which helps purge toxins, leaving behind a blemish free skin. It helps get rid of extra grease on the skin and battles infection. Apply tea tree oil only on the acne affected area several times a day. Do not apply the oil on skin that is clear and blemish free. Leave it overnight. Healing takes place in 3 to 7 days.
- Cinnamon: Apply powdered cinnamon to the acne prone area several times in the day. It helps expedite healing of acne as well as scars. Cinnamon promises to eliminate the ugly and disagreeable scars quickly.
- Garlic: Garlic is the most effective agent to battle toxins. Eat one flake of garlic daily for about 15 days. It helps purify the blood and expels noxious wastes, thereby getting rid of acne quickly.
- Vitamin C: Step up your intake of vitamin C rich foods such as limes, lemons, capsicums, guavas, tomatoes and papayas. Vitamin C is vital for a healthy and radiant skin. It has been dubbed a ‘beauty vitamin’. The vitamin helps heal acne rapidly and promises a wonderful flawless skin. Talk to your health care provider and start a vitamin C supplement to accelerate healing.
- Zinc: A deficiency of the mineral zinc is also known to cause acne. Thus, eat foods such as walnuts, cashews and oysters; given that, they are loaded with zinc. You may also start a zinc supplement for 1 month.
- Water: Drink at least 12 glasses of water every day. Water will sluice out built up wastes and promises you a radiant and clear skin.