Many teenage Americans suffer from acne every year; the estimation is above 80 percent. Acne is tiny bump or pimple on your face, it can also occur on your chest, arms and your back. Acne occurs when the skin pores are blocked with dirt and oil.
Borage Oil For Acne
Natural remedies such as borage oil for acne treatment is often found to be useful and beneficial, when medical intervention is out of reach.
Borage oil is the oil which comes from borage flower seeds. The flower is also known as starflower due to its shape. It is blue in color; the other varieties are white and pink. The botanical name of borage plant is Borago officinalis. Borage oil is also known as starflower oil.
The oil derived from borage plant seeds has many health benefits. The anti inflammatory action of borage oil for skin conditions is most valued due to the essential fatty acid it contains; known as gamma-linoleic acid.
Benefits Of Borage Oil For Skin
Let us know some of the benefits of borage oil for skin conditions:
- Borage oil contains essential fatty acid called gamma linoleic acid; it acts as an emollient and soothing agent for the skin.
- Borage oil alleviates acne and pimples as it promotes healthy skin growth.
- It contains Vitamin C, tannins, saponins, they are required for healthy skin condition.
- Borage oil is used to treat skin conditions such as infantile seborrheic dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis.
- The anti-inflammatory quality of borage oil helps to cure re and inflamed acne and other skin conditions such as rosacea.
- Borage oil when used topically moistens the skin, thus it is beneficial in hardened and parched skin caused due to eczema.
Borage oil should not be taken during pregnancy as it may cause premature labor. It is also toxic to liver if it is taken in excess. Therefore consult your doctor before using borage oil.