Cystic acne or nodulo-cystic acne is characterized by pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, and nodules. The condition is accompanied by excessive inflammation and infection. When the pores on the skin get clogged with grime, dirt, sweat, greasy and bacteria, the condition may get triggered or exacerbated.
Cause Of Cystic Or Nodular Acne
- Poor skin care: Improper and inadequate cleansing of the skin, results in clogging of the pores, which sets off acne.
- Skin Care Products: Using skin care products that have an oil base or they are too harsh, have a detrimental effect on the skin.
- Hormonal changes: A fluctuation in the hormone profile is one of the most significant causes.
- Diet: Diet plays a pivotal role in the occurrence of acne. Food allergies activate the development of cystic acne. Offending foods are: chocolate, milk, meat, fried food, sugar, white flour, trans fat and processed foods.
Diet For Cystic Acne
Follow these dietary guidelines to have a beautiful and blemish fee skin:
- Incorporate loads of tomatoes, spinach, papaya and carrots in the diet.
- Vitamin C is vital to promote rapid healing of the blemishes and scars. Limes, lemons, oranges, bell peppers and berries provide large quantities of the vitamin.
- Experts suggest a zinc supplement to fight acne successfully.
Cystic Acne Home Remedy
Visiting the dermatologist is definitely recommended, to have a complete assessment of the case. Nonetheless, you can effectively tackle acne and prevent flare ups using simple home remedies that have proved to be exceedingly valuable time and again.
- Lemon: apply lemon juice to the blemishes, and leave on for 10 minutes. Lemons get rid of excess oil and fight infections too. Use this home remedy, twice daily for 2 months, for excellent results.
- Potato: applying potato juice helps treat cystic acne. Potato juice is alkaline; it also supplies important nutrients that keep the skin healthy.
- Oatmeal: oatmeal is a wonderful acne remedy. You may use it as a scrub or a face pack. Blend together 1 spoon of oatmeal, a pinch of cinnamon powder and 1 spoon of honey. Use as a gentle scrub to get rid of dirt; rinse the face. Thereafter, use this as a pack for the face.
- Aloe Vera: aloe vera soothes an inflamed skin and heals acne scars efficiently. Apply the gel and leave on for 1 hour. Wash off with plain water. It also smoothens the skin and closes enlarged pores.
- Turmeric: turmeric is the most valuable anti bacterial we have. Mix 1 spoon of turmeric powder with some water to make a paste. Apply all over the face and neck. Leave on till it dries. Wash off.