Pimples are small bumps on the skin of the chest and face. They occur as a result of blockage of skin pores due to hair, dirt or sebum, which results in ideal breeding ground for bacteria.
Pimples can affect individuals with any age but it is more common among teenage and young adults.
What Causes Pimples On Chest And Back?
There are several causes to the development of pimples on the chest and back. Here are a few major causes,
- Hormonal imbalance is considered to be one of the prime reasons for development of pimples. Hormonal imbalance among teenage children and older individuals is attributed to the high incidence of pimples during this age
- Pregnancy is a physiological process which is associated with hormonal variations. Pimples are observed even during menstrual cycles, especially at the beginning of the menstrual cycle due to change in hormonal balance
- Use of birth control pills and certain medications has been found to be associated with development of pimples
- Pimples can also be attributed to heredity factors and is known to run in families
- Pollution, high levels of humidity, dust, allergens, etc are also known to result in pimples
Home Remedies For Pimples On Chest And Face
- Vitamins play a crucial role in controlling pimples and help in their prevention.
- Local application of leaves of fenugreek is considered to be beneficial. Make a paste using the leaves and apply it on the affected area and leave it overnight. Wash off the face in the morning with warm water.
- Application of orange peels is considered to have a soothing effect on the skin and aids in removal of pimples.
- Lemon juice is considered to be natural bleach and a disinfectant. Local application of freshly squeezed lemon juice can do wonders to your skin.
- Local application of raw garlic on the affected area of the chest can help in clearing up the skin.
- A mixture of coriander juice with turmeric powder is considered beneficial. Turmeric is a natural disinfectant while coriander provides essential nutrients to the skin for healthy and blemishes free texture. Apply the mixture at night and wash it off in the morning with warm water.
- Hot Epsom salt baths about twice a week are considered helpful to get rid of pimples
- Application of cucumber over the skin of the face and chest has been considered as an effective treatment for pimples