Allergic reaction is an overreaction by the body and its immune system to substances which are generally not harmful to the normal human body. In such hypersensitive individuals, the immune system mistakenly thinks these substances to be harmful, releasing histamines and other chemicals to protect the body. It is this histamine that gives rise to allergic reactions and the substances which cause it are known as allergens.
Types Of Allergic Reactions And Symptoms
An allergic reaction can be local, that is limited to a single part such as skin allergies or involving different organs at the same time. Allergic reaction can be sudden within few minutes after coming in contact with the allergen or couple of hours or days after its contact. Most often allergic reaction symptoms include, skin rash, itching, hives, small blisters, gastrointestinal symptoms include nausea, vomiting, cramps in abdomen and diarrhea. Respiratory symptoms mimic an asthmatic attack, running nose, cough, cold, breathing difficulty.
Anaphylaxis is a condition of severe allergic reaction. If not treated in time it may turn fatal. Often the condition occurs suddenly after the allergen comes in contact with the hypersensitive patient. Symptoms include low blood pressure, dizziness, breathlessness, body becomes cold and lips and tongue turn pale. Pulse is feeble. In extreme cases, patient can suffer from seizures and death. In severe allergic reaction such as anaphylaxis, patients need hospitalization or prompt medical attention. Home remedies have no place in such cases.
Home Remedies For Allergic Reactions
Treatment for allergic reactions can be with modern medicines or with home remedies. Use of natural home remedies for mild allergic reactions is better than conventional medicines which have its own side effects, but you need to consult your doctor in case the symptoms of allergic reactions turn severe.
Home remedy for allergic skin reaction:
- Aloe vera is a natural healer that can get rid of rash and hives. It soothes the rash and itching, it also reduces the inflamed hives within few time of its application.
- Make a paste of sandalwood and lime juice. Apply it over the rash and itching area.
- Drink lime juice and honey for few months daily when you suffer from allergy. The preparation helps to flush out the body toxins; it also acts as an anti allergic agent. Do not take it if you are allergic to citrus fruits or honey.
Natural Treatment For Allergic Reactions
Natural remedies for stomach allergy symptoms:
- Bananas, papayas help to relive stomach complaints and eases digestion. In certain food allergies. But stay away from them if you are allergic to both this fruits.
- Almond is another remedy for heartburn, as it contains ingredients which neutralize the acids in the stomach.
- Carrot juice, together with beet root is effective hoe remedy for allergic reaction in treating stomach complaints such as diarrhea and vomiting.
- Lime juice and honey helps to relive vomiting naturally.
Home remedy for respiratory allergic reactions:
- Angelica leaves are useful in treating respiratory troubles and bronchial problems.
- Yarrow is another useful home remedy for treating nasal congestion and running nose. Prepare an infusion of and drink it twice in a day.
- For stuffy nose, saline nasal drops are always useful. It clears the passage and you can breathe easily.
For headache due to allergies, massage your head with rosemary water. it relieve the ache and induces natural sleep.