Amebiasis is caused by a parasite called Entamoeba histolytica. It is fairly common in those who live in developing countries and have poor sanitary conditions. It may also occur in people who have travelled to developing countries.
Symptoms Of Amebiasis Disease
The symptoms of amebiasis are quite mild and include – abdominal pain, loose stools, and excruciating cramps.
Common Causes Of Amebiasis Disease
- When you put anything into your mouth that has touched the stool of a person who is infected with Histolytica; the infection occurs.
- If you swallow food and / or water that is contaminated with Histolytica, infestation occurs and the symptoms may manifest in about 1 to 4 weeks.
Natural Treatment For Amebiasis Disease
Your health care provider will order a couple of tests and investigations to ascertain the precise cause for your condition. Once the causative agent has been established, treatment will be prescribed by your physician.
- You will be given one antibiotic in case the histolytica infection has not made you too sick. You’ll probably be treated with two kinds of antibiotics in case the symptoms of diarrhea are apparent.
- Drink only bottled water; and ensure that you drink 3 to 4 litres of water per day to prevent dehydration from setting in. Also, consume plenty of fresh fruit juices, herbal teas and broths.
- Dehydration is an unavoidable consequence of diarrhea, and hence, replacement of water as well as electrolytes that have been lost along with it is very necessary in all cases. Oral rehydration solution must be given to the patient to make up for the water and electrolytes effectively. The treatment, in most cases, depends up on the extent of dehydration.
- Bananas are excellent to treat diarrhea and tummy upsets. Have 2 to 3 bananas per day; it helps settle the stomach and puts a stop to the loose motions quickly.
- Apples are another very effective natural remedy to deal with diarrhea. Apples normalize bowel movement and put a stopper to tummy pain and cramps as well.
- Toast is recommended by most health care providers to manage amebic diarrhea.
- Probiotics play a pivotal role in treating GI diseases successfully. Probiotics help you have a balance of the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ bacteria in the intestine and thus halt loose motions effectively.
- Your doctor may prescribe a pain killer to deal with the abdominal cramps and a medicine to manage the diarrhea. Homeopathy drugs such as – Lycopodium, Arsenicum Album, Colocynth, Colchicum and Bryonia help deal with all the symptom of amebiasis effectively.
- Ensure that you do not consume fresh fruit or vegetables which haven’t been washed and peeled by yourself.
- Stay away from milk, and other dairy products which haven’t been pasteurized.
- Make sure that you practice very good personal cleanliness and hygiene. Wash your hands well with soap and water after going to the toilet, after you change diapers, and before touching food.