Arteriosclerosis Diet Treatment:
The ideal diet for individuals with this condition is dubbed as low sodium, low fat diet. Extra attention to the nutritional content of the food should be looked into because this will either improve or degrade the condition of an individual who has arteriosclerosis.
Below is a diet regimen best and ideal for arteriosclerosis individuals.
- Eat low sodium. Try not to salt too much as your flavoring. Be contented of it plainly. Avoid salty food such as dried fish.
- Eat a low sugar diet for arteriosclerosis control. Avoid food that has high sugar content.
- Have a good share of vegetables and fruits in your every day meal. Vegetables are rich of vitamins and minerals that can certainly do great wonders in your body.
- Cut down the consumption of carbonated drinks. These type of beverages have high levels of sugar content.
- Eating fish rather than meat will also be a good start. Fish has Omega 3, which is known to be good for the heart.
- Increase fluid intake to avoid the viscosity of the blood.
- Opt for good choices in the food alley. Instead of purchasing plain white bread, opt for the whole wheat bread. Consider always the nutritional content of the item you are putting into your cart.
- Cut down on the usage of butter every time you cook.
- Use olive oil or canola oil when cooking rather than oils made out from animal fats. The saturation of these vegetable oils is very low making it certainly good for the heart.