There are certain precautionary measures and methods that you can observe in order to minimize the likelihood and chances for you to have arthritis. Though the underlying main cause may still be left unknown, there are certain supportive and preventive measures that can be done and altered—most especially the lifestyle of a person.
- Given that one of the precipitating factors of such condition starts with the dietary practices and lifestyle, these can be altered and there is something an individual can do about it.
- Observing a daily regimen exercise routine would be a good start to help promote and improve the condition of an individual.
- Watching what you eat. Avoid eating food with high level of protein as this can trigger and facilitate the increase of uric acid in the bloodstream. When this happens, it would likely trigger the accumulation of these toxins, and the build-up of these would likely cause degeneration of the bones and ligaments.
- Get some good rest and relaxation to avoid arthritis.
- Smoking should also be avoided to prevent arthritis because the nicotine in cigarettes would result to vasoconstriction, and once this happens, there is poor circulation in the extremities. This would add up the incidence of bone degeneration.
- Being careful and as much as possible avoiding injury. Once there is injury, there is a tendency that ligaments and joints would calcify and thus causing inflammation in the joint area. There would be a high incidence of inflammation and pain in the area.
To control arthritis from re-occuring; healthy joints are must and the same can be achieved by reducing weight, daily exercises and consuming balanced diet. Intake of Glucosamine and natural arthritis supplements also helps to prevent joint problem and discomfort due to the pain. For strong joints, cardio training is beneficial as they keep heart healthy and assist in combating arthritis condition and its types. Being overweight results in painful joint and creates problem while doing any physical activities like jogging, walking etc. So weight should always be monitored and kept in control.