Because asthma can sometimes be life threatening, it is really advisable to get proper treatment for this. Along with medical treatment for asthma, it would also be beneficial if some homemade remedies are used for this, and here are some of them:
- A peppered banana is one of the most effective home remedy for asthma that could give immediate relief during severe attacks.
- If you are having some difficulty breathing, put some basil leaves sprinkled with a bit of black salt in your mouth. This is known to be very effective in stopping an asthma attack.
- Before retiring for the night, chewing on some black peppercorns mixed with basil leaves can help in stopping an incoming asthma attack.
- Taking in one glass of limejuice mixed with a teaspoonful of ginger juice may be a simple remedy against asthma but it is also very effective. It is even known to lessen the frequency of asthma attacks considerably.
- Holding a bottle of honey just below the nose is a good remedy to make breathing easier during asthma attacks. Should this not work, two teaspoonfuls of honey can be added to a glass of milk and taken in at night.