Asthma Prevention Measures:
Presently, there is really no measure that could stop asthma from starting up. However, there are steps that are effective in controlling the disease and preventing its symptoms from coming or becoming worse.
Here are just some of these measures to prevent asthma:
- Learn more about asthma and the steps on how you could control it.
- Use your asthma medication according to the directions of the doctor.
- Known which things could worsen your asthma and take care to avoid them.
- Make sure to have regular asthma checkups.
- Keep track of the symptoms you get for every asthma attack and the control level that you have over them.
- Avoid foods that could heighten the chances of an asthma attack like milk products and animal foods.
- Avoid the use of perfumes.
- Make sure that your bedroom is free from all allergens.
- Do not ever lie down during asthma attacks. Instead, always bend forward or sit up straight.
- Make sure that your room is dusted often with the use of a vacuum cleaner or a wet cloth instead of a broomstick and a dry rag.
- Cover your mattress with plastic and have this washed every week using hot water.