It is also important to know the signs and symptoms of asthma, so you know what to look out for in cases of attacks. Here are among the most common of them:
- Wheezing: This is a squeaky or whistling sound that is heard when you breathe.
- Shortness of breath: A number of people say that they feel like they are out of breath or that they can’t their breath when they have asthma. This is just like not being able to get air from out of your lungs.
- Coughing: This is usually worse during early in the morning and at nighttime making it very hard to get enough sleep.
- Chest tightness: This could feel like somebody is sitting or squeezing on your chest.
However, not everyone who has asthma experience these symptoms. Likewise, experiencing them does not exactly mean that you have asthma. Normally, a lung function test along with a physical exam and looking into the medical history are done for the certain diagnosis of asthma.
The types of symptoms that you may experience, their frequency, and severity may differ over time. There are times when your symptoms might just be annoying while other times they would really be so troublesome as to be debilitating.
One thought on “Symptoms of Asthma: Bronchial, Cardiac, In Children, Exercise Induced Asthma”
Signs and Symptoms of Asthma Attack
Here are some symptoms of asthma:
1. Continuous Coughing and Wheezing sound while breathing
2. You may experience some pain in the chest. You could feel pressure on your chest
3. The neck shoulder and chest muscles might become stiff
4. You may be panting and struggling to talk
5. You may sweat a bit, in your palms, face and feel weak and pale
Symptoms of Asthma in Children
Children exhibit pretty mush similar symptoms of asthma. Symptoms like chronic cough, wheezing, and shortness of breath are commonly exhibit when children have an asthma attack. In additions, kids may show more symptoms such as flaring of the nostrils when breathing, and will appear very agitated.
Bronchial Asthma Symptoms
The symptoms of bronchial asthma, again, are similar to the symptoms mentioned above. Signs and symptoms such as feeling of tightness in the chest, panting and shortness of breath accompanied with wheezing, and coughing. The coughing in case of bronchial asthma is more during the night.
Cardiac Asthma Symptoms
Cardian asthma is due to the heart inability to pump efficiently. This leads to a build up of fluid in the lungs that causes the air passages to narrow up and cause wheezing and other asthma related symptoms. Some more symptoms of cardiac asthma include: increase heart beat, higher blood pressure and a very heavy and uneasy feeling. Some may even experience swollen ankles.
Exercise Induced Asthma Symptoms
EIA symptoms are the same as other symptoms listed above. In additions exercise induced asthma has another symptom and that is “extreme fatigue”. The patient feels extremely tired and has a lethargic feeling.