A proper and balanced diet would work wonders in treating backache and in preventing yourself from acquiring it. Here are some nutrition tips against backache that you could take on:
- Take in salads made of raw vegetables such as tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, radish, cucumber, and lettuce as well as eating lots of fruits except banana is very beneficial against backache.
- Take in at least two servings of vegetables like spinach, cauliflower, carrots, and cabbages that have been cooked lightly is also recommended with the vegetables.
- Patients suffering from backaches should eat four light meals every day. Fruit and milk are recommended for breakfast, whole wheat tortilla and steamed vegetables for lunch, fresh fruits or fruit juices during evenings, and sprouts as well as a bowl of salad for dinner.
- Taking in a proper amount of vitamin C and proteins is essential for healthy bone development while calcium and vitamin D are for healthy bones.
- Avoid foods that have been fried, are spicy and fatty. Sugar condiments, curd sweetmeats, coffee, and tea are to be avoided as well.
- Processed foods that contain few nutrients should also be struck from the diet meant to cure or prevent backache.