Bed Sores Prevention Measures:
Although there are a number of medical treatments and home remedies for bed sores, it is still best if its formation on the body can be prevented. This will save a patient a lot of pain and discomfort.
So here are just some of the things that you can do to prevent bed sores, either on yourself or a loved one:
- Avoid continuous pressure on just one area of the body by regularly changing positions after every two hours at the minimum.
- The use of a ripple bed or a ripple mattress could work at effecting blood circulation all throughout the whole body.
- The skin should be kept dry and clean at all times for preventing pressure sores.
- Body massage or physiotherapy also helps in exercising parts of the body.
- Changing of positions can be aided through the use of cushions, air mattresses, pillows, and other forms of support.
- A well-balanced diet laden with extra proteins should be maintained for the development of healthy tissues.
- You should ensure the use of dry and clean linens all the time.
- Soft padding in beds and wheelchairs should be provided for the reduction of pressure on the skin and underlying tissues.