What are the usual reasons why a person contracts bronchitis? Who are more prone to getting this ailment and how do they usually get this ailment? Here are a few reasons why bronchitis is contracted by some children and some adults:
- Bronchitis is a problem that often surfaces during the seasons when colds and the flu is present.
- Bronchitis infection is brought about by viruses as well. While a number of viruses can cause bronchitis, two of the more common viruses that can cause a person to have this problem are influenza A and influenza B viruses. These are the two viruses that are often called the flu virus.
- Bacteria can also cause bronchitis. Walking pneumonia is caused by bacteria called the Mycoplasma pneumonia bacteria, and this can also cause bronchitis.
- Another cause of bronchitis is the environment. Chemical fumes, solvents, smoke, dust, and other airborne irritants can also cause acute bronchitis. Even tobacco and cigarette smoke can be easily linked to bouts with acute bronchitis.
- The people who are prone to these bouts with bronchitis are people who have weak immune systems. Exposing people like the elderly, those who have weakened lungs due to smoking and those who are sickly to certain elements that can bring out bronchitis will definitely have them come up with this problem.
Acute Bronchitis Causes
Viruses which cause cold also result in acute bronchitis problem. Exposure to smog, tobacco smoke from some other sources causes non-infectious bronchitis. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is also a reason for bronchitis. Whooping cough, duct allergy, measles, or contact to any object that has been touched by an infected person.
Chronic Bronchitis Causes
Few causes or health conditions responsible are chemical poisoning, COPD, nicotine consumption, environmental pollution, viral infections and the infection is also associated with asthma, sinusitis, and pulmonary fibrosis.