Burning Tongue Diet Treatment
Changing your diet to help prevent this problem as well as to help cure it is also another way for you to go. There are a lot of dietary choices you can take when you want to avoid burning tongue syndrome and here are some of them:
- You may want to increase your intake of food that is high in vitamin B.
- To treat burning tongue and to speed up the cooling down of your tongue, you may need to eat plain food for a bit until the burning feeling eases up. Plain food usually means bland food and boiled vegetables. This can help cool your tongue down since there are no complex flavors that are involved here.
- Iron-rich foods are also good to have when you are suffering from burning tongue syndrome. Some examples of iron rich foods include spinach, broccoli, and parsley.
- Keep yourself from eating processed as well as canned foods when you are suffering from burning tongue syndrome. As much as possible, eat only fresh and unprocessed food.
- To help keep the burning sensation down, you may also want to avoid drinking hot beverages for a while.
Burning Mouth Syndrome Diet
Nutrient rich diet is the most recommended cure for burning mouth syndrome. Foods to avoid burning lips problem include hot and spicy foods which should be restricted till the condition is perfectly treated for avoiding further aggravation. Other items to be restricted to soothe burnt tongue are acidic foods like tomatoes, oranges, pineapple and vinegar containing items. Cooling your tongue with frozen desserts like ice creams also helps to numb the tongue.