Burning Tongue Prevention
You can try and prevent burning tongue from happening with a few measures that some people have tried and found to be effective. Here are some things you might want to do to help you avoid this irritating problem:
- Some people avoid acidic foods and drinks to keep themselves from experiencing burning tongue syndrome.
- Another thing you might want to avoid when you want to keep yourself away from burning tongue syndrome is to chew tobacco. Avoiding doing this can also help you keep the incidence of burning tongue to a minimum.
- Hot and spicy foods should also be avoided if you are prone to burning tongue and burning mouth syndrome.
- If you are allergic to certain oral hygiene products, it would be best to avoid these when you suspect that these cause your burning tongue problems. Try to find other alternatives for your oral health care if this is the cause for your burning mouth syndrome.
- To help prevent burning tongue sensations, you may also want to avoid certain herbs like cinnamon and mint which are known to also cause this problem in some people.
Burning Mouth Syndrome Prevention
For preventing burning lips syndrome, keep on drinking water frequently. Ice sucking or chewing sugarless gum is also beneficial. Brushing teeth with baking soda and water and avoiding usage of mouthwashes containing alcohol is recommended. Checking presence of oral candidiasis and detecting nutritional deficiencies are also helpful in avoiding glossodynia. Sufficient intake of vitamins and mineral replacements also help to avoid burning tongue problem.