It is very common for a person to suffer from burnt tongue sometime in his life. Drinking hot soups, and scalding hot tea or coffee or eating hot and steamy food are common reasons for you to get your tongue burnt. If such as situation arises, the best home remedy in your kitchen is sugar.
Natural Remedy For Burnt Tongue
There are various other simple home remedies that you can use when you burn your tongue accidentally.
- Keep an ice cube in your mouth and rub it over your tongue. Hold it for a brief period till the acute burning sensation becomes less.
- Glycerin is another useful home remedy you can apply on your burnt tongue to get relief from unbearable pain and burning.
- Butter is readily available in your kitchen; it is another alternative that can be used upon burnt tongue.
- Eat bland diet, devoid of species as they will exaggerate the symptoms and delay healing.
- Drink iced tea containing ice cubes when you come across such a situation.
With all the above remedies it may take couple of days to get your burnt tongue heal completely if the condition is mild.
Burning Tongue Syndrome Treatment
At times, the sensation of burning tongue may not be due to eating hot food or drinking hot beverages, but it can occur due to vitamin B12, and folic acid deficiencies, hormone changes, dryness in mouth, medications, dehydration and problem in the nerves of your tongue and mouth due to decreased blood circulation. Allergy to foods, toothpaste and mouth wash, dental disease, oral yeast infection, apthous stomatitis and depression are other reasons. The condition is broadly termed as burning tongue syndrome.
- In order to avoid burning tongue syndrome, eat a healthy diet containing vitamins and minerals. Green leafy vegetables, fruits containing vitamin C are very useful. Consume enough water and keep your body well hydrated.
- Stay away from vinegar, tea coffee, alcohol and tobacco, salted potato chips which worsens the condition.
- Drink a glassful of milk with one teaspoon of honey; it will increase the blood circulation in your tongue and relieve you from burning tongue syndrome.