If you suffer from a burn, the first thing is to assess the amount of the burn injury and in which part of your body it has affected. Primarily the first step in any burn or scald is to cool the skin. Immerse the burned part of the body in plain tap water or pour cool water over it, not cold water.
Symptoms And Types Of Burn Injuries
Burns as you know are of three categories, first degree burn, second degree burn and third degree burn.
- In first degree only the outer layer of the skin is affected. The result is pain, redness and swelling of skin.
- Second degree burn involves outer and under layer of the skin. It results into pain, redness, swelling and blisters.
- Third degree burn involves the deep tissue and muscles. The part that is burned blackens and charred.
Burns can be caused due to fire, steam, hot liquids, radiation, chemicals, electrical, or heated objects.
Symptoms of burn injury:
- Peeling of skin.
- White charred skin.
Second degree burns usually cause burn blisters.
Treatment For Burns Blisters At Home
Mean time you can try treating burn blisters with following procedures:
- Wash the burn blisters with cool water. Keep it immersed or let the cool water flow on the burnt area. It will help to flush away the substance from the skin. This is the best burn blister treatment.
- Cool water will help to reduce the inflammation and also alleviate the pain. You can continuously cold compress the area with a clean cloth or a paper towel but do not apply ice directly to the burnt area as it may do more damage to the skin.
- While you are feeling little better from pain, wrap the area with a sterilized gauge loosely on the blisters to prevent infection and dirt settling on the skin.
- Do not try to break open the burn blisters as it may give rise to infection.
- You can try natural home remedies to prevent forming large blisters. Cut open aloe vera leaf; apply the gel like liquid on the burn blisters. Aloe vera is known to be very effective natural cure for burn injuries.
- Apply raw potato after scrapping on the affected burned area till you feel decrease in pain or until any help arrives.
- If you suffer from burn blisters on fingers and hands, you have to soak them in cool water, but be certain not to use ice water. Follow it doing regularly for few days until it heals. Simultaneously you can apply aloe vera gel on the burn blisters.