Canker Sores Causes:
What are the causes of these rather painful mouth sores? Here are a few reasons why these shallow mouth sores erupt in a person’s mouth:
- There are times when you accidentally bite the inside of your mouth or inside your cheek when eating. This can actually cause canker sores to erupt.
- Sometimes too aggressive dental care can cause a person to have canker sores. Brushing your teeth too vigorously or hitting the insides of your mouth with your toothbrush can cause canker sores to erupt.
- There are times when certain dental fixtures can cause these sores to erupt in your mouth. Braces, dentures, and other dental fixtures, specifically if they are new, often cause these painful little sores to develop in a person’s mouth.
- Sometimes, a deficiency in certain vitamins and minerals can cause these sores to appear. Deficiencies in iron, vitamin B12, and folic acid can cause these canker sores to materialize.
- Other situations that may cause canker sores to pop up include food allergies, hormonal changes, viral infections, and even emotional stress. Other people suffer from canker sores due to immune system problems.
- Canker sores are said to be hereditary, so if your parents have it, you stand a chance of suffering from these sores as well.
Also see Cracks in Corner of Mouth & Sores on Gums