Normal urine has a straw-yellow or transparent color. Occasionally, the urine may become cloudy, turbid, or foamy. Dehydration is the chief cause for cloudy urine. Infections anywhere in the urinary tract can cause pus as well as blood to appear in the urine, making it cloudy.
In case the cloudy foamy appearance continues for more than a day or 2, you need to confer with your health care provider to ascertain the precise cause and start prompt treatment.
What Causes Cloudy Urine With Odor?
Foaming of the urine and a cloudy appearance may occur momentarily when you urinate rapidly. However, if the urine is continually cloudy or milky, it is generally an abnormal condition and a symptom of some underlying disorder, and must be investigated.
- Cloudy urine occurs due to certain autoimmune disorders, inflammation, or other conditions of the urinary tract.
- Diabetes mellitus, preeclampsia and heart disorders are also known to be important causes.
- Cloudy urine can also be caused by diseases of other body systems and diseases that cause the excretion of protein in the urine, which can cloud urine when present in high levels. These include diabetes, heart disease, and preeclampsia.
- Bladder cancer is a significant cause.
- Infection and inflammation of the bladder.
- Kidney stones
- Kidney failure
- Preeclampsia (a very serious condition occurring during pregnancy characterized by high blood pressure, swelling and protein in the urine) is an important etiological factor.
- Cloudy turbid urine is seen during pregnancy too.
- Inflammation or infection of the prostate causes discoloration of the urine as well.
- Sexually transmitted diseases, such as gonorrhea and trichomoniasis.
Your health care provider will ask you to carry out a few tests and investigations to understand the precise cause in your cause and accordingly start the treatment.
Natural Home Remedies For Cloudy Urine
If you observe cloudy urine, especially if it does not resolve, you should visit your doctor. You need to make a diagnosis and tart the prompt treatment.
- In case it is a urinary infection – nephritis or pyelonephritis, you need to take the appropriate antibiotics. Alongside, you can take certain home remedies to ameliorate the symptoms.
- Cranberry is the best home remedy for urine related trouble. Have 2 to 3 glasses of cranberry juice daily. You could also talk to your health care provider and start a cranberry supplement. Cranberry is a natural diuretic and prevents the bacteria from adhering to the lining of the urinary tract.
- Blend together half a tea spoon of baking soda and 8 ounces of water. This solution helps deal with cloudy urine effectively. Baking soda is alkaline in nature and it helps neutralize the acidity in urine, alleviating the inflammation and the symptoms of urinary tract infection.
- Vitamin C is a powerful anti-oxidant and infection fighter. Vitamin C keeps the bladder healthy. It prevents the growth of bacteria. Oranges, guavas, pineapples, melons, raspberries, tomatoes, watermelons and papaya are loaded with vitamin C. You could also take a supplement to get your daily dosage of the vitamin.
- Ginger is another potent remedy; it is an anti-inflammatory as well an infection fighter. It helps alleviate inflammation in the bladder and battles bacterial infection too.
- Diabetes mellitus, pre-eclampsia, renal failure and cardiac conditions need immediate medical attention and complete supervision from your doctor.