Cold Sores Diet Treatment
When you have cold sores or when you want to avoid getting them, there are some foods that you may need to increase the intake of or that you may need to avoid. Here are a few tips on what you should and should not eat when you suffer from cold sores:
- Yogurt has always had therapeutic elements that help people with so many ailments.
- Some of the foods you need to avoid when you are prone to cold sores include peanuts, chocolates, peas, seeds, and whole-wheat products. You should also avoid eating too many salty foods and acidic foods.
- Increase your intake of foods that are high in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, and iron.
- Green leafy vegetables are also good additions to a diet when you are prone to cold sores or are suffering from cold sores.
- Garlic is also a good addition to a diet for a person who wants to speed up the healing of cold sores.
Diet for Oral Herpes
Daily diet containing high amount of zinc, vitamin B complex and B12, beef, fishes, eggs and cheese helps in controlling the outbreak of cold sore. Foods to avoid cold herpes must contain less quantity of Arginine and higher level of amino acid L-lysine. Food items with high content of arginine are oysters, crab, flax and fruits like grapes and oranges. Intake of sage tea mixed with powdered ginger helps in faster relief from cold sore.