Colitis Disease Causes:
With each type of colitis come different causes as to why a person has this disease. Here are some of these causes and the type of colitis that it is paired with:
- When a person has infectious colitis, he or she may have gotten this ailment from bacteria that cause food poisoning like salmonella, E.
- Ischemic colitis is caused by the narrowing of the arteries that carry blood to your colon. This can be caused by what is called volvulus, or the twisting of the bowels on itself or when a part of your colon gets stuck in some part of your abdominal wall. This is called an incarcerated hernia.
- Inflammatory bowel diseases are caused by two things. The first cause could stem from an autoimmune illness. This kind of an illness causes the immune system to attack your colon that then causes it to get inflamed. This is called ulcerative colitis. The second possible cause of inflammation is Crohn’s disease.
- When a person is suffering from microscopic colitis, he is suffering from colitis that is caused by lymphocytes or collagen engorging the colon wall.
- Chemical colitis is caused by chemicals that are introduced into the colon. This is usually a side effect or complication that is caused by an enema.
Ulcerative Colitis Causes
According to the research, stress is not the main cause of ulcerative colitis. But there are possibilities that triggering can be due to viruses or bacteria which cause inflammation of the digestive tract or from an autoimmune reaction taking place in the body. Person can get ulcerative colitis from their parents or sibling.
Microscopic Colitis Causes
Its cause is still unknown but according to the study use of non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) over a longer period of time can cause this type of colitis.