Colitis Home Remedies
It is advisable that when you have colitis, you should consult with a doctor to help you with the problems that come with this ailment. There are a few home remedies you can try though to help you deal with the pain of this ailment as well as improve the condition of your colon.
- Garlic is an herb that has numerous medicinal qualities, and this can be used for those who suffer from colitis.
- Another possible natural remedy for your colitis is Asian ginseng. This helps improve the health of your digestive system.
- Aloe vera can also be used for colitis treatment. This helps with easing the pain of your painful colon by speeding up the healing process. Using fresh leaves from the plant, you must extract half a cup of the juice and drink it twice a day: once before bedtime and once when you wake up in the morning.
- Cabbage and cabbage juice is also good for your problems with colitis.
- For healing your colitis fast as well as improving your digestion, you should mix ripe papaya with peppermint or with garlic. While this mixture may taste weird, it is effective in healing your inflamed colon.
Ulcerative Colitis Home Remedies
Acupuncture is very effective in treating ulcerative colitis due to its natural pain relieving property. Daily use of bromelain, calendula, flaxseed and gingko biloba helps in treatment of ulcerative colitis. Other effective cure for colitis is intake of steamed apples due to the presence of high phosphorus and iron and ripe bananas. Consumption of rice and buttermilk and daily intake of juices of cabbage, carrot or papaya also helps to treat colitis. Consuming juice made by mixing drumstick leaves, honey and coconut water three times a day helps in treating colitis.