Burping is a result of swallowing excess air while drinking or eating. Eating specific type of food that intricate a lot of gases while it is being digested or drinking carbonated beverages are the reasons why one experiences this thing. This is a normal process as the body only eliminates the extra gases that are trapped in the stomach.
Constant burping is not only embarrassing but it can also be a sign of a more serious disease. If one suffers from an abnormal continuous burping, then it is recommended that he/she seeks the help of an expert.
Causes of Constant Burping
- Discussed below are some causes of constant burping.
- Swallowing too much air can cause frequent burping. Individuals, who eat too fast, drink carbonated beverages like soda and beer, and have the habit of chewing gum are most likely to burp constantly. All these lead to taking in excess gas which can cause burping as well as gas pain.
- Malfunctioning of the digestive system is another reason as this causes indigestion and heartburn.
- Gastroparesis is a medical condition in which causes constant burping. This is a disease in the digestive system wherein the muscles in the stomach are weak enough to digest food. Because of this, food remains in the stomach for a quite some time. One of its symptoms includes frequent burping.
- Eating too much chocolate, fruits and vegetables also causes burping.
How to Stop Constant Burping
- There are ways one can do to avoid burping frequently. Listed below are some easy steps to follow.
- Do not eat too fast. Eat slowly to prevent swallowing excess air.
- Do not talk when the mouth is full. The mouth is opened frequently therefore taking in more gas.
- Eliminate chewing of gum. Chewing gum will likely cause one to burp as he/she opens his/her mouth often which allows more air to enter into the stomach.
- Avoid drinking too much aerated drinks often. Also, never use a straw when drinking as this causes ingestion of more air.
Home Remedies for Constant Burping
- For individuals suffering from burping, there some things that they can do at home to stop it.
- Take a cup of yogurt everyday as this relieves constant burping.
- Include ginger in your diet as this boosts digestion.
- Soak fenugreek seeds into a glass of water overnight, filter the water and drink it on an empty stomach. This greatly helps in relieving continuous burping.