Gastroparesis is also termed as delayed gastric emptying that comes in two types. These two types are chronic and transient gastroparesis. Chronis gastroparesis are caused by autonomic neuropathy which may commonly occur in patients that have diabetes. Transient gastroparesis on the other hand is believed to have been caused by any kind of acute ailments including those that use cancer medications and diseases attributed to abnormal eating habits.
The symptoms that are associated with gastroparesis occur in different ranges. There are some patients that suffer mild symptoms of the condition while there are some that suffer severe symptoms that may need immediate medical attention.
- Constant nausea
- Morning sickness feeling.
- Loss of appetite.
- Vomiting undigested food.
- Heartburn sensations.
- Early satiety which is characterized by a bloated feeling even when the food taken is only a small amount.
- Weight loss due to loss of appetite.
- Weight gain that may be contributed with the feeling of constant starvation. Some patients would tend to eat more because of this feeling.
- Pain in the abdominal area which usually happens at the upper part.
- Bloating in the abdominal area.
- Blood sugar levels of the body become erratic.
- Stomach walls will have spasms which often create aches in the stomach area or cramp-like pains.
- Imbalance in electrolyte levels.
- Gastroesophagael Reflux. This is a condition wherein the acids from the stomach go back to the esophagus accompanied by a heartburn feeling.
- Dehydration. This is considered as a warning symptom which often will need medical attention.
Home Remedies and Natural Cures for Gastroparesis
The basic thing that patients with gastroparesis should do is carefully follow a strict diet plan that often is prescribed by doctors and other health professionals. Besides treatments that need prescription and injectable drugs, there are also home remedies and natural cures for this condition.
- Carminative Herbs. This can help with digestive problems and control symptoms of gastroparesis such as bloating and gas.
- Peppermint. This helps in stimulating proper digestion.
- Ginger. Taking this will help will not only help in proper digestion, but can also control nausea.
- Melissa which is commonly known as lemon balm have excellent antioxidant properties which does not only help in proper digestion but can also be used for inflammations and even skin imperfections.
- Cell Salts. The mixture of this home remedy includes 10 tablets of cell salts mixed in a 20 ounce bottle of water. The mixture can be drunk all throughout the day.