Enzymes are essential proteins needed for various processes in the body. These are especially needed in digestion and metabolism. Studies have shown that enzymes are linked to aging and life span.
Low levels of enzyme in the body can be detrimental to the processes, causing possible malfunctioning or premature aging in certain areas or systems.
- It is possible to create one’s own enzymes at home. The advantage of this method is that the individual can pick the ingredients that he or she wants to include in the mixture as well as pick the freshest ingredients.
- The best enzymes are made for organic ingredients, especially fresh ones.
- It is also important to choose the best ingredients. Don’t settle for wilted or old ingredients.
- Make sure to sterilize everything used in making the homemade enzyme, especially the bottles or jars where the enzymes will be fermented and stored.
- Label the containers with the date that the enzyme was done and the expected date it will be ready.
Homemade Enzymes Recipe
Try the following recipe for homemade enzyme:
- Choose fresh fruits. Most fruits will do but the popular choices are apple, kiwi, papaya, lemon, orange, dragon fruit, lime, and grapes.
- Wash these fruits thoroughly.
- To make sure that the fruits are free from herbicides or pesticides, use the following:
- Mix 15 ml vinegar in a liter of water. Soak the fruits in this solution for 30 minutes.
- Mix 50 g salt in a liter of water. This solution can also be used instead of the vinegar solution.
- Dry the fruits.
- When the fruits are dry, cut them into pieces small enough to fit the container. Make sure that the slices are as thin as possible.
- When placing the fruits inside the container, put the driest ones at the bottom, going up until the one with the highest water content is at the top.
- Cover everything in brown sugar or honey.
- Cover the container with cheese cloth or stretch film.
- Allow to ferment for at least 14 days.
- Transfer the fermented product inside the refrigerator. Do not freeze.
Homemade Digestive Enzymes
- In preparing the homemade enzyme, it is best to use wooden cutting boards.
- Also avoid aluminum or metal containers as their components can react with the contents.
- To prepare the mixture ready for drinking, measure 10 ml of the fermented product. Add to 1 L water.