Common Fever Prevention
When preventing a fever from happening, this basically means that you will have to undertake certain measures to avoid some of the things or activities that can cause a fever. Here are some of the things you might need to do:
- To avoid fever that is caused by overexposure to the sun or to avoid sunstroke, bring along sun protection like an umbrella to keep the sun from hitting you for prolonged periods of time.
- Avoiding people who have ailments like chicken pox, measles, and such can also help you avoid fevers as well as the illness that comes after it. If you have not yet built immunity to these ailments, you may get a fever from people who are sick with these illnesses.
- Do not overexert yourself physically to avoid getting fevers that are caused by fatigue or overexertion. If you are doing strenuous work, try to get enough hydration, and rest when you are tired.
- Keep your surroundings clean and yourself clean as well. Sometimes a fever comes when a person lives in an environment that is conducive to the growth of bacteria and viruses.
- If you find that you have to go out in cold weather or you have to go out in the rain, make sure you have the right protective clothing for these.
For preventing fever first thing to be followed is exposing the body to infectious diseases which can be best done by washing hands frequently. To avoid fever in children, ask them to make habit of hand wash after eating, using toilet, and after visiting crowded places or sick patients. Making use of moist towels and hand sanitizer incase access to soap and water is not available. Since viruses are contagious in nature prevent children from touching nose, mouth or eyes.