Constipation Diet Treatment
When faced with the problem of constipation, a change in diet is needed. When avoiding constipation, changing your diet to one that is healthier and high in fiber is also needed. Here are some dietary tips to help with constipation as well as avoid it:
- As always, a diet that is high in soluble fiber is needed when you are prone to constipation or when you simply want to avoid it altogether.
- Try to avoid or limit such low fiber items in your meals like processed foods, cheese, meat, and dairy products.
- Whole grain cereals and products made with whole grain like bran cereals and whole wheat bread can also be beneficial for those who wish to live a constipation-free life.
- When increasing your fluid intake, consider adding clear broths, fresh fruit juices, and vegetable juices to your diet.
- Since caffeine and caffeinated drinks may cause dehydration, you will need to steer clear of these kinds of drinks.
Foods for Constipation
To prevent constipation in children, avoid giving foods which are high in fats and instead include water rich fruits like watermelon and cantaloupe. Vegetable soups, raisins, shredded wheat and whole grain foods must be included in the diet for preventing constipation in kids.
Irregular diet habits like eating fast, frequent diet changes, overeating of junk and oily foods also causes constipation. Foods rich in roughage and bran also help helps to avoid constipation.