There are innumerable causes for pain while passing stools, making the precise diagnosis is an important aspect of the treatment plan. Most commonly, when the stools are very hard and you have to strain a lot during evacuation, you may experience cramps in the abdomen or excruciating pain in the anus.
Causes of Pain While Passing Stool
- Pain in the anus is generally seen when one is suffering from anal fissures. an anal fissure is a tear or an ulcer in the lining of anal canal, just inside the anal orifice.
- Prolapsed, thrombosed piles also give rise to pain in anal region while passing stools.
- Amebic colitis or bacterial dysentery triggers sharp stomach pain when passing stools.
- Ano-rectal abscess, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, colon cancer or benign lumps or tumors can also be a cause for sharp abdominal pain every time the bowels are moved.
Since there are a host of causes for the condition, it is necessary for you to consult your doctor and starting the most appropriate line of treatment.
Home Remedies for Painful Constipation
There are several highly effective home remedies that will help alleviate pain, manage any other associated feature and check constipation.
- Ensure that you drink adequate amount of water regularly. Water helps add bulk to the feces, prevents constipation and facilitates quick, easy and pain-free evacuation.
- Soak a few seeds fenugreek at night, in a cup of water; drink the water along with the seeds in the morning. Continue doing so, until you find relief from pain and discomfort.
- When you have an urge to pass stools, do not ignore it, since, that will make the constipation worse.
- Increase your intake of dietary fiber. Incorporate green leafy vegetables, fruits, legumes, salad and nuts in the daily diet. Dietary fiber also adds bulk to the fecal matter, it also helps retain water in the stools making them soft and thus preventing constipation. It also prevents the development of fissures and hemorrhoids.
- Avoid products made from white flour, cakes, pastries, biscuits, preserved foods and hard boiled eggs when you are suffering from constipation.