To prevent the occurrence of coughs, you will need to avoid the causes of the kind of cough you are prone to. Here are some tips you might want to follow:
- For those who are prone to coughs that are brought about by environmental elements, it would do well for you to avoid these elements.
- When your cough is caused by upper respiratory problems, it would be best to avoid getting these ailments to avoid getting a cough.
- To help reduce the occurrence of coughs that are caused by underlying problems like cancer and such, it would be best to follow your doctor’s orders about your medication and care to avoid cough.
- When a cough is caused by certain problems like asthma and allergies, it would also help you prevent the cough by avoiding the things that cause these conditions. If you are allergic to certain fumes or objects that float in the air, like pollen, try to keep yourself away from these. The same should be done for elements that cause you to have an asthma attack.
- Smokers who suffer from smoker’s cough should avoid coming in contact with second-hand smoke and should not be tempted to smoke as well.
Preventing Wheezing Cough
Avoid triggering factors like milk products, bananas, sugar etc., drink plenty of fluids and restricting exposure to smoke, perfumes and paints and pollution. To prevent wheezing cough; keep rooms clean and make an habit of wearing dust filter mask while cleaning, change filters of AC’s and use scarf round your mouth in cold weather. Taking pertussis vaccine, booster shots and tetanus vaccines also help to prevent wheezing cough.
Other methods to prevent cough are daily exercising for at least 30 minutes, taking yearly flu vaccinations and avoiding getting cold.