Cracked Heels Diet Treatment
Since cracked heels are often brought about by dry skin that is sometimes caused by vitamin deficiencies or lack of fluid intake, there are some dietary tips you can follow to help heal or avoid cracked heels.
- One of the reasons why a person may suffer from dry skin is the lack of zinc in their diet.
- If your intake of food with omega3 fatty acids is low, you might also get cracked heels due to dry skin. You can get these healthy fatty acids from food like flaxseeds or flaxseed oil, fish that come from cold waters and purslane herb.
- Increase your intake of vitamin E rich foods like leafy green vegetables, whole grain products, cereals and nuts to help avoid cracked heels and to expedite healing.
- A lack of calcium may also be the culprit behind cracked heels so increasing your calcium intake may help.
- Drink lots of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated.