Cystitis Diet Treatment:
Cystitis sufferers will do well to follow certain diets when they have the ailment and they might also benefit from other foods after such an attack to help prevent the return of this disease. Here are some suggestions:
- When you have cystitis, it is advisable that you keep away from food that is high in calcium.
- Try to avoid drinking a lot of caffeinated drinks while you are suffering from cystitis and after a bout with this ailment. Keep coffee, tea, and soft drinks away from your menu. Try to avoid alcoholic drinks as well.
- Raw vegetable juices like carrot juice and spinach juice should be part of your daily intake when you have cystitis. You can drink these juices separately or mixed together and this should be done every few hours or so.
- Change your diet from your regular diet to a mostly fruit and vegetable diet when you have cystitis. Increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables along with healthy grains and nuts.
- Avoid eating any processed foods, fatty foods, heavy carbohydrates, and dry foods.