Cystitis Prevention Measures:
Preventing cystitis can be done if your follow some of the following rules for proper hygiene and other tips:
- When you feel like urinating, do not hold it in for as long as you can. Try to urinate as soon as you feel like doing so to avoid the possibility of getting cystitis.
- Keeping yourself clean by washing and showering frequently will keep bacteria at bay.
- Women should learn the proper way of wiping their private parts after using the toilet. The proper way of wiping is done with a front-to-back motion, not a back-to-front motion that can bring about cystitis.
- Do not wear tight-fitting underwear, tight-fitting pants, and try to choose natural cotton underwear over those that are made with synthetic materials like nylon.
- Try to urinate after you have sexual intercourse. This will help flush out any bacteria that may have found its way into the urethra before they are given the chance to multiply.
- You should make it a point to keep yourself hydrated and to drink a lot of water and fresh fruit juices every day. This will keep you urinating regularly to flush out whatever foreign materials and bacteria may be in your urethra.