Honeymoon cystitis is the conversational name for urinary tract infection. Cystitis is the most common urinary tract infection and the second most common infection in the body. It is called honeymoon cystitis since repeated sexual activity is the chief cause. Despite the fact that it can be bothersome and sometimes agonizing, cystitis is a treatable condition.
Honeymoon Cystitis Causes
Cystitis is the medical terminology that describes inflammation of the urinary bladder. Cystitis that occurs because of sexual activity is frequently called honeymoon cystitis. Forceful or frequent sexual activity can result in infection and inflammation of the bladder.
Bacterial cystitis occurs when E. coli gains entry in to the bladder via the urethra during intercourse and because of poor sanitation. When bacteria enter the urinary tract, infection develops and the bladder gets irritated and inflamed.
Infection by various strains of bacteria, especially E. coli triggers urinary bladder infection which causes cystitis. These bacteria multiply and cause extensive swelling and inflammation, setting off the symptom of bladder infection.
Symptoms Of Honeymoon Cystitis
Symptoms of honeymoon cystitis include:
- Pain or burning during urination.
- Offensive smelling urine.
- Milky urine.
- Continuous desire to pass urine.
- Pain or pressure in the pelvic area.
- Blood in the urine.
- Low grade fever.
Home Remedies For Honeymoon Cystitis
- In case of an infection, your doctor will prescribe anti biotic to stop bacterial growth. Even if the symptoms have ameliorated, it is essential to complete the entire course of anti biotic to prevent re growth of the bacteria.
- Alongside it is vital to drink plenty of water. It is recommended that you drink at least 3 to 4 liters per day.
- Furthermore, incorporate loads of fluids in to the daily diet. In addition to water, have soups, juices, barley water and lime water. Liquids help flush out bacteria and their noxious products.
- Cranberries are highly beneficial for infections of the urinary tract. You may take cranberry juice or a cranberry supplement. Seek your physician’s advice before embarking upon supplementation though. Cranberry is loaded with flavanoids which prevent the bacteria from getting attached to the urinary bladder and also facilitate their elimination.
- Importantly, maintain strict levels of hygiene and cleanliness. Urinate and wash the genital area immediately after sexual intercourse; this decreases the chances of getting bacterial infection. It eliminates bacteria before they have an opportunity to multiply.
- Also, wipe from front to back after using the bathroom to keep bacteria from entering the urethra.
- Never hold back urine; urinate frequently. Holding up urine for long intervals of time can promote bacterial growth and multiplication and thus cause infection.
- Homeopathy plays an import role in the management of cystitis. Homeopathy remedies such as Lycopodium and Apis help treat cystitis successfully. These drugs reduce pain and burning quickly; fight off infection and decrease swelling and inflammation considerably.
- Aroma oils can help too. Use heat compresses of essential oils to manage excruciating pelvic pain that is associated with cystitis. Add 10 drops of germanium essential oil to a bowl of boiling water. Soak a big piece of cloth in the water and wring. Apply this compress over the abdomen. It will provide instant relief and is strongly recommended to manage pain of cystitis.