Dandruff is characterized by the shedding of white flakes. In most cases, dandruff occurs on the scalp, however, it can also affect other parts of the body, such as eyebrows or ears. When the condition occurs in or around the ears, it is referred to as ear dandruff.
Ear dandruff is typified as flaking in the ears and typically occurs due to dry skin; on the other hand, oily skin can also trigger dandruff.
What Causes Dandruff In Ears?
- One of the chief causes is increased oil production, increased secretions of the skin, and raised level of normal skin yeasts.
- An oily scalp which is washed only once a week can result in dandruff in the ears.
- Poor hygiene and infrequent washing are important triggering factors.
- Sweating is known to cause ear dandruff too.
- Poor cleanliness combined with a hot humid weather will definitely result in dandruff.
- Skin infections or overgrowth.
- Chronic long drawn out illnesses.
- A poor immune mechanism.
- Emotional stress.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dandruff In Ears
Follow the following guidelines to get rid of ear dandruff successfully:
- The most important guideline is cleanliness and hygiene.
- Use tea tree essential oil products. Opt for a shampoo or soap that has tea tree essential oil. Another way to use the aroma oil is to add it to your shampoo. Add about 20 – 25 drops of the essential oil to your shampoo; shake well and use. Also, blend 2 drops of the tea tree oil in 5 drops of almond oil and massage in the ear region. This promises to eliminate the most obstinate cases of ear dandruff.
- Another effective home remedy for dandruff is fenugreek. It has been proved to be decidedly beneficial in the management of ear dandruff. Soak about 2 spoons of fenugreek seeds in some water for about an hour. Then grind in to a fine paste. Massage this in to the ear region and leave on for 20 – 30 minutes and rinse. Repeat this for a couple of days; it banishes dandruff.
- Lime and yogurt mixed together and applied have been seen to be exceedingly effectual too. Blend 5 drops of lime juice with one table spoon of yogurt and apply.
- Avoid stress: Stress and emotional trauma cause dandruff. Hence, try to incorporate any de-stress mechanism in to your daily routine to stave off dandruff formation.
- Eating a healthy diet helps battle the most stubborn forms of dandruff. Ensure that you drink ample water, have lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and steer clear of refined and starchy foods.
- Also, talk to your doctor and start a vitamin A and E supplement to hasten healing. These vitamins support healthy skin and fight off most skin ailments. Alongside, include these foods as they are packed with the two vitamins – apples, almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds, tomatoes and bell peppers.