A healthy and light colored skin is often considered as a sign of good health and is also important from the perspective of looking beautiful. Modern Lifestyle practices, prolonged exposure to the sun, increased level of stress, etc. are some of the factors that are responsible for hyper-pigmentation of the skin.
Exposure to pollution, chemicals, dust, and increased consumption of processed and junk food and elevated levels of stress are some of the factors that are responsible for the dark pigmentation of the skin. These factors not only result in discoloration of the skin but also result in premature aging of the skin. There are some simple home remedies and tips to lighten the skin, without exposing it to hazardous chemicals and peels.
Home Remedies To Lighten Dark Skin
- Regular exfoliation of the skin and regular moisturization of the skin play a crucial role in the management of the condition.
- Local application of wheat flour is considered to be effective skin whitener. Apply a paste of wheat floor on the skin and rub it gently. Leave it on for about twenty minutes and then wash it off. This will make the skin soft and also help in lightening the skin.
- Oatmeal is also an effective natural exfoliating agent. Mix oatmeal with milk or rose water and apply it on the skin. Gentle rub helps remove the dead cells on the skin and rejuvenates the skin.
- Local application of freshly squeezed lemon juice is considered very beneficial. Lemon juice acts as a natural bleach and helps in whiten the skin effectively.
- Local application of slices of potato on the skin is also beneficial. Application of a mixture of turmeric and raw honey is also considered beneficial in enhancing the texture of the skin and aids in skin whitening.
Natural Skin Lightening Tips
Amidst the home remedies which can be used to lighten the skin, it is crucial for ensure that you protect your skin from Ultra Violet Radiations at all times. Using a good quality sunscreen with SPF30, is always recommended, especially if you are planning to spend the day outdoors.
Diet plays a crucial role in ensuring a healthy and light skin. Increase the intake of citrus fruits like lemon, lime, strawberries, oranges, etc. These foods are rich in Vitamin C which is an anti-oxidant and has a protective action on the skin.
Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables rich in Vitamin A and vitamin E. Increase the intake of carrots, capsicum, prunes, avocados, etc. Vitamin E helps in diffusion of melanin and reduces dark spots while vitamin A delays the signs of aging and enhances the natural tone of the skin.
Meditation and stress management play a crucial role in ensuring a healthy and fair skin.