Dark Skin Problem
Preventing dark skin is not something that an individual can do if he/she is born with it. Remember, heredity is something that cannot be prevented.
However, preventing the darkening of the skin because of other reasons can be achieved by avoiding the causes. Of course, the main cause of skin darkening in otherwise lighter individuals is exposure to the sun and tanning beds.
Although the condition does not hurt physically, many of those who have dark skin wish to have lighter skin. This causes them to be emotionally hurt if things do not go their way and they remain dark.
Home Remedies For Skin Darkening
- Any individual who is constantly out in the sun can avoid darkening of skin by wearing protective clothing. These clothes will keep the skin out of the sun’s harmful rays.
- Another great option is wearing sun block or sunscreen. If one really wants to keep the sun off his/her skin to darken it, he/she should get the highest possible SPF sun block available for this purpose.
- Try to keep out of the sun.
- Bring along an umbrella to further shield self from the sun. This is especially helpful if he/she is planning on staying out of doors for a long period of time.
- To help keep the skin or parts of it from darkening due to dryness, one must drink a lot of water and keep self hydrated at all times. Moisturize the skin with the use of lotions and other natural skin moisturizers to avoid the roughness and darkening of the skin.
How To Prevent Darker Skin
Some people are really born dark while others are fairer but there are some that turn dark due to certain circumstances like prolonged exposure to the sun. Such circumstances have the following home remedies:
- Mix curd, tomato juice, and oatmeal to make a paste. Apply on the face and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Mix lime juice and turmeric powder. Apply on the area that the patient wants to become lighter.
- Mix 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of milk powder, and ½ tsp of almond oil. Apply this and leave on for up to 15 minutes.
- Soak almonds overnight in a small basin of water. Peel and grind into fine paste along with milk. Apply the paste to areas to be lightened.