Everyone loves to have a flawless complexion; even if that portion of the body is not normally visible. Women in particular, desire to whiten their groin before wearing skimpy swimwear or shorts.
Dark discoloration of groin or underarms can be quite unsightly and undesirable. Several reasons could be responsible for the groin to turn dark and discolored.
Causes of Dark Groin Area
The following are the commonly seen causes that trigger dark discoloration of the groin region:
- Obesity: individuals who are over-weight and obese tend to have a dark groin area due to constant friction of the thighs.
- Humid conditions: profuse sweating and constant rubbing of the skin makes it rough and eventually, the area turns dark.
- Wearing tight clothes, especially underwear.
- Oral contraceptives: are often responsible for skin discoloration and even darkening of the groin area.
- Fungal infection of the skin.
How to Whiten Groin with Home Remedies?
Here are some natural methods and home remedies to help you bleach the groin area and reduce the unsightly discoloration:
- Wear lose clothes, particularly under garments; this is the most important thing when you find that your groin is turning dark.
- Do not wear tight undergarments; they cause friction in the inner aspect of the thigh and trigger darkening.
- In case of over weighted-ness and obesity, you ought to reduce your weight; maintaining an ideal body weight has aesthetic as well as medical benefits.
- Use herbal soaps containing licorice; it smoothens and lightens the skin effectively.
- Blend together ½ a teaspoon of turmeric powder, 2 teaspoons of lime juice and a bowl of yogurt. Massage this paste in the inner region of the groin and leave on for 15 minutes. Thereafter wash the skin well with warm water. Repeat this daily for a couple of weeks till you observe that the skin has started lightening by 1 to 2 shades. This is a natural and effective home remedy to whiten the skin.
- Mix together dried orange peel, yogurt and oat flakes. Rub the mixture on the groin area. it is an excellent scrub, that gently, yet efficiently removes the dead skin and makes the dark pigmentation less visible. It is also an effective bleach and skin toner.
- Apply papaya extract to the inner region of your thigh. It helps whiten the groin area naturally.
- Apply a paste comprising of turmeric powder, milk and cream. This paste nourishes the skin and successfully whitens it.
- Vitamin C is very crucial for the maintenance of a healthy skin. Vitamin C improves skin texture and also builds collagen, thus preventing sagging. Guava, orange, apple, lime, bell pepper, broccoli, and green leafy vegetables are rich and natural source of vitamin C.